Astara Mitaka Series Release Notes¶
Astara has dropped a number of legacy convenience hooks available in earlier releases. The hooks complicated automation and created potential for mismatch of end state and the desired state.
Astara Mitaka Series Release v8.0.0.
- Blueprint astara-rootwrap - We replace shelling out directly to sudo with the oslo.rootwrap library.
- blueprint autogen-astara-conf-file - This switches astara to use oslo-config-generator, where the contents of our sample configuration file are configured using a configuration file in etc/oslo-config-generator/.
- Operators may now associate custom drivers and image IDs to tenants, via the Neutron API, to override global configuration, providing support for dynamic user-provided network functions. To enable this feature, set enable_byonf=True in orchestrator.ini and be sure the version of astara-neutron loaded into Neutron supports the BYONF API.
- Astara now supports orchestrating clustered pairs of appliance VMs for Neutron routers that have the been set to highly-available.
- The orchestrator now pushes local orchestrator-specific configuration into the appliance, allowing services like the metadata proxy to be configured specifically for current cluster layout.
- Astara will no longer automatically add the external gateway to a router. Previous usage was causing issues with automation tooling.
- Astara no longer requires the external network and subnet id to be known. In production deployments this step was handled externally and the internal hooks were often disabled.
- The amqp_url config option has been deprecated in favor using oslo.messaging backend specific configution. See example configuration file for an example. The pre-Liberty rabbit options have been removed.
- The devstack plugin no longer creates the external network as before and instead follows the setup used for reference implementation.
- Bug 1539786 Varible MTU support is now supported by the orchestrator and passed to appliance. This requires Neutron with MTU extension enabled to support.
- Bug 1524979, Bug 1528338 - astara-debug-router command has been fixed
- Bug 1537500 Fixes tenant_id issue when rebuilding router from the astara-ctl browser
- Bug 1527396 Fixes issue where, after a cluster rebalance, stat machines are created across all workers and instead ensures they are only created on a single target worker.
- Bug 1524595 astara-ctl warning message for deprecated AMQP configuration
- Bug 1539345 auto added resources break interoperability
- Bug 1524068 Local management port addresses are now allocated from the management subnet rather than using a hard-coded address, fixing Neutron port address conflicts when clustering astara-orchestrators.
- Bug 152492 Fixed astara-ctl ssh command
- Bug 1535857 The additional “leadership” member reported by zookeeper is now ignored to avoid hashing resources to a non-existent node.
- Bug 1531597 - Deleted resources are properly invalidated from the local tenant resource cache